My BLOG

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Movie Freak

It's been a lazy Saturday, all I did was eat, sleep and watch movies. I think I am turning into some kind of couch potato. I can watch anything, and I really mean, ANYTHING, on televsion, at the movies, anywhere. "Dead or Alive" kick-started my movie marathon. It was just fighting, babes in bikinis, and more fighting. A bit like Xmen, I felt, complete with a tyrant with a really ambitious project. There wasn't really any accomodation involved, probably more of assimilation. Those who are familiar with Jean Piaget would know what I am talking about. This got me thinking about recent movies. Not many movies would require new schematas being created, and I think that is real sad.

I think the last time a movie created a new schema in my head was either "The Sixth Sense" or "The Others", and then the other followed. At that time I thought the concept of telling a story from the point of view of a ghost was really refreshing and ingenious. Now if something else comes along using this concept, I would probably yawn and fall asleep.

I also watched a DVD of "The Brothers Grimm" today (I finally did it). I had been wanting to watch this movie since it was advertised a long time ago, but unfortunately, I missed it. Well, it was nice, but I felt that it is a really twisted fairy tale, as in, all the innocence had been taken out, and all that exist was this psychotic witch. This movie is definitely not suitable for children, despite the "and they lived happily ever after". There was plenty of prediction involved (Do I sound like I am married to my job?), but somehow I felt that it was still just assimilation. Perhaps I am really on the look out for a movie with a completely new plot.

I was about to call it a day when "Alex and Emma" came onto Channel 5. I couldn't resist taking a peak at it (Kate Hudson was in it, who can?). I was so caught up by the witty conversation between the leading man and lady that I was rooted to the television set till 12am! For most of the movie, it was just him and her talking about a story, really simple. I guess sometimes, it is the simple things that makes you feel more appreciative.

Oh, and just for the record, did anyone watched TabTV on Channel 5 just now? They were talking about Private Investigators and their "accomplice" - The HoneyTrappers! They are women who are hired to test out if men are faithful to their wives/girlfriends. They wear alluring dresses and catch the attention of men with their seductive looks. These Honeytrappers really know which buttons to push. Gosh! Now that is what I call accomodation! I think they should make it compulsory for all women to watch it. Hide it from the men though, else they will find a way to get round it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home