My BLOG

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Looks

After several reminders from my friends, I feel that it should be time I updated my blog. It has been a long time, but that is due to circumstances. With reports to type, timetables to plan and temping opportunities to look for, there really isn't much time for blogging, but well, maybe just a few minutes.

Today I was thinking of something to post on my blog, when I realised that in every single day, looks are exchanged. There are so many different kinds of looks, from so many different kinds of people. For example, there is the oh-man-I-miss-you-so-much look from your boyfriend or girlfriend, the checking-to-see-if-my-subordinate-is-doing-something-constructive look from your boss, the please-look-at-me-trying-my-best-to-act-like-I-have-tons-of-work-on-my-desk look from some colleague that you hate, and perhaps the I-wonder-where-she-bought-that-dress look from some woman on the train.

There are so many looks that are on display, but how many of them actually got the right message across? If I see this guy looking at me on the train. He could be saying "Good day to you", or "I wonder what's under that shirt". Unfortunately, I always seem to read this kind of look as the latter. Of course I am sure not every guy who looks at me actually mean to think that way. They could always be thinking "She looks familiar, do I know her from somewhere?" So is it me being overly pessimistic or are these guys just untactful at giving looks?

Well, I do realise that reading looks negatively is definitely more interesting than reading it positively. For example, you caught this guy staring at you unknowingly, and the first thought that comes to your mind is "Oh gosh, he is looking at me again, does he have a secret crush on me?" and the next second, you have another thought "Oh man, why is he looking at me like at, does he think I am fat or that I have a really bad dress sense?" Both these thoughts are more spicy and exciting than "He must be staring into space." Thus I feel, in a good way, negative thoughts can stimulate creativity and should be encouraged.

One drawback of negative thinking is that you may cause unnecessary emotional stress to yourself, and you know you have overdone it when you start to feel depressed, and starts writing your will or attempting suicide. In less serious cases, you cause much emotional stress to people around you too, so negative thinking should be exercised with care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home