Blogs
Actually when I think of it, blogs are not such a good idea after all. It can never take the place of a diary. I mean, diary is something like your inner thoughts, and you wouldn't want anyone to read you inner thoughts right? Unless of course, you think there are issues that you can address so that you can change the world or something. Other than that, things are pretty superficial in blogs, or so I think.
Can you imagine reading a blog that goes like,"Today I saw him again! He was looking at me too, and I think he likes me..." or "I really hate that XXX. She thinks she is so cool and all, but she doesn't even know the entire office hates her!" or "I am so depressed. Everything is going wrong. There is nothing worth living for. I am going to end my life." I mean, all these things are way too personal. What if that guy you were writing about got to read it and knows that you are talking about him? Or what if XXX saw that blog? You are probably going to get the entire office in trouble. And when you read the suicide note? I think I would freak out if I read something like that.
So what are the issues that you can address that can change the world? Well, sounds silly right? Don't be surprised that there are people like that. This morning I received a forwarded email. It's about the killings of baby seals in Canada or something. The person who prepared the powerpoint presentation believed that if each of us who received it forwards the message to as many people as possible, we can reach the higher authorities and they may be able to do something about it. The question is, if you are that serious about changing something, why don't you go to some animal authorities? You may get a more straight forward answer there.
All in all, I think blogs are just good for us to vent our emotions through assembling sentences, and taking our minds off things for awhile. At the end of the day, nothing is changed because you posted in your blog. Life just suck that way.
Can you imagine reading a blog that goes like,"Today I saw him again! He was looking at me too, and I think he likes me..." or "I really hate that XXX. She thinks she is so cool and all, but she doesn't even know the entire office hates her!" or "I am so depressed. Everything is going wrong. There is nothing worth living for. I am going to end my life." I mean, all these things are way too personal. What if that guy you were writing about got to read it and knows that you are talking about him? Or what if XXX saw that blog? You are probably going to get the entire office in trouble. And when you read the suicide note? I think I would freak out if I read something like that.
So what are the issues that you can address that can change the world? Well, sounds silly right? Don't be surprised that there are people like that. This morning I received a forwarded email. It's about the killings of baby seals in Canada or something. The person who prepared the powerpoint presentation believed that if each of us who received it forwards the message to as many people as possible, we can reach the higher authorities and they may be able to do something about it. The question is, if you are that serious about changing something, why don't you go to some animal authorities? You may get a more straight forward answer there.
All in all, I think blogs are just good for us to vent our emotions through assembling sentences, and taking our minds off things for awhile. At the end of the day, nothing is changed because you posted in your blog. Life just suck that way.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home